Africa's 2nd World Cup qualifying round is announced after the draw
The World Cup qualification for African countries is known. The national teams now know which route to take to reach the World Championship in Qatar.
The draw for the second qualifying round was on Tuesday, January 21. This ceremony was held at The Nile Ritz-Carlton in the Egyptian city of Ca ï ro.
In the balls were 14 winners of the first qualifying round and 26 highest-ranking African countries according to the FIFA ranking. The teams were divided into 10 groups from 4 countries.
The pool classification for the qualification of Africa is as follows:
- Algeria, Burkina Faso , Niger, Djibouti
- Tunisia & zambia, Mauritania, Equatorial Guinea
- Nigeria, Cape Verde Islands, Central African Republic, Liberia
- Cameroon, Ivory Coast , Mozambique, Malawi
- Mali, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda
- Egypt, Gabon, Libya &, Angola
- Ghana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia & euml;
- Senegal, Congo, Namibia & Togo
- Morocco, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Sudan
- Congo DR, Benin, Madagascar, Tanzania
The second round will start in October 2020. The pool phase will consist of double meetings between the countries. The 10 group winners will advance to the third and final qualifying series.
The third qualifying round will consist of 5 out and 5 home games according to the play-off format.
Some nice competitions to look forward to are Cameroon - Ivory Coast, two countries that can also compete well in the World Cup, South Africa - Zimbabwe and Egypt - Gabon with Mohamed Salah and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.Read all news »
Share 'Africa's 2nd World Cup qualifying round is announced after the draw'
Share this message via social media with your family, friends and colleagues!
The World Cup qualification for Africa is known. After the draw on January 21, 40 countries in 10 groups will play for a place in the third African qualifying round.