World Cup 2022 qualifying standings
The World Cup 2022 qualifying standings determines which 10 group winners directly qualify for the World Cup in Qatar.
Based on the qualifying standings, the 10 numbers two will participate in the playoffs, 3 of which will also qualify for the final tournament in 2022.
World Cup qualification 2022 standings
Below is the World Cup qualification 2022 stand in the groups:
What happens if there is a tie in the group?
In case of a tie in the group of the World Cup qualification, additional rules apply. First the goal difference and then the number of goals scored counts. In the first instance, the position in the group is of course determined by the total number of points achieved.
The numbers 1 qualify directly for the final tournament, while the numbers 2 play play-offs. It is therefore important to determine what happens in the event of a tie in the groups.
The position in the group is determined as follows:
- Points: Most points from all group matches.
- Goal difference: difference in the number of goals scored from all group matches.
- Goals For: Most goals scored in all group matches.
When two or more countries are tied based on the previous three criteria, the ranking is determined based on mutual results:
- Points: most points from the group matches between the teams concerned.
- Goal difference: difference in the number of goals scored from the group matches between the teams concerned.
- Goals For: Most goals scored in the the group matches between the teams concerned.
- Away goals count double: the goals scored in away matches count double in the group matches between the teams concerned (in case of two tied teams)
When two or more countries are equal on the basis of all the previous mutual criteria, other factors are considered:
- Fair play: when countries are exactly equal in the group in all cases, the number of yellow and red cards is considered. The country with the fewest fair play points ends up higher in the ranking. The score is as follows:
- Yellow card: -1 point
- Red card due to 2 yellow cards: -3 points
- Direct red card: -4 points
- Yellow card followed by a direct red card: -5 points
- Draw: if all statistics are equal, a draw will be made by FIFA.
Share 'World Cup 2022 qualifying standings - where does England stand?'
Share this message via social media with your family, friends and colleagues!
The World Cup 2022 qualifying standings determines which 10 group winners directly qualify for the World Cup in Qatar. What place is England in?
About the author of 'World Cup 2022 qualifying standings - where does England stand?'
Author of this content is Patrick. I have been playing soccer for more than 25 years and follow the daily news closely. My hobbies include playing football, running and maintaining various websites, in addition to my job as a financial professional.
I do not work for any related company or institution, so the information is reliable and independent. The information has been collected accurately from reliable sources and is regularly updated.